Friday 4 January 2013

Mohair Madness Blanket

I was given a bag full of mohair wool ball ends some time ago. I am not a clothes knitter and wasn't sure what to do with them all so thought I'd just make a lap blanket. It reached about a meter wide when I decided a needed a few more bits of mohair in different colours and would quite like it to be a bit bigger. Thus I started a never ending job.  It is just one huge granny square.



I luckily found a few bits in charity shops but eventually ended up buying job lots on ebay to support my obsession!


It now fits my king size bed but lives on the settee in the lounge where I snuggle up in it on cold evenings.


I am now helping SewGorgeous with her own blanket which is made of large (about 20" square)
granny squares so we can make some each.

No comments:

Post a Comment