Tuesday 12 February 2013

Summer Vintage Style Bag


Sew Gorgeous managed to be given a large stash of scraps from a locate quilter. Amongst the pile were the remains of a couple of dresses that included the pockets and trims etc.

I was inspired by these to make a bag. I used calico for the base, edged in spotty trim. All of the fabric, pockets and flap for the fastening apart from the calico & the red lining came from the stash.


Front of bag


Back of bag

I added two handles using the spotty strip and some red gross grain ribbon.


Two inside pockets - one small...


and one a bit bigger.

I lined the inside with bright red fabric and another strip of the spotty trim.


I then had lots of fun adding a load of Suffolk puffs (yoyos), vintage buttons, bows, etc.  I love the prints on the fabrics.
I think it looks a little like Cath Kidston style although it wasn't meant to!

1 comment:

  1. It does look quite CK! This should be a beach bag. We need to go to the beach :p x

    ReplyDelete