Friday 8 February 2013

Sew Gorgeous Home and Loft Clearing

Sew Gorgeous arrived for the weekend yesterday evening and I have the day off today to do all our jobs.

Hurray!

I have been sew excited all week waiting for her to arrive. I won't be managing to get much bogging done as we have plans...

The plan is to sort the loft and reduce the amount by at least 50% I have no idea how we're going to manage it. There is sew much up there from nearly 20 years of  storing. There is going to be some reminiscing I'm sure. 

This is the end of day one and we have trashed the house! Are filthy but having great fun. Both bins are full and there is a huge pile for the tip, a similar pile for the charity shop and the loft is looking significantly emptier. Still a lot to do but we have made progress.

Sew Gorgeous is now relaxing and making a couple of valentines cards - one for Tom and one for a swapbot swap. It is sew nice to have her home and doing things together.

We have compared current swaps - mine is a 'Moore Teesha Moore Patches' swap which I have just finished and packaged ready for posting on Monday. I obviously can't picture them yet until they arrived at their destination but will post them when I get feedback. I have made 3 patches for two people. Sew Gorgeous cleverly suggested that I make 2 of everything in case I didn't want to part with any! She was sew right! I have really enjoyed making them and can imagine that they could become addictive!

Hers is a make me smile swap which I'm sure her partner will love. She's glad she came home so she could raid the stash here.

Tomorrow we have to collect a load of boxes, paper and tape from the removal company, visit the tip, the charity shop. Have dinner with NannyBake and then we're off to a Viennese music evening with dancing at Harrogate Royal Hall which will be a lovely relaxing evening after another busy day.

I expect we'll manage to do a bit more work on the loft on Sunday too. Sew Gorgeous has to leave about 6.00 pm on Sunday evening so I am planning a long soak in the bath to recover!

"Its meeeee SewGorgeous!! I don't ever want to go back to uni...think I'll stay..."

No comments:

Post a Comment