Sunday 30 December 2012

For my first appearance.....

What better way to start than with a toast!

Sew I started way back in October with Blackcurrant Vodka as it needed time to mature. Thanks to Mum for the blackcurrants from her garden. I think it was a bumper year this year with all the damp weather making them particularly plump.


Very simple really. 1 bottle Vodka, approx 9 oz sugar (depending on how sweet you like your liqueur) and1 lb  blackcurrants (or I also like to use damsons) in a big kilner jar, shaken (not stirred!) occasionally. Try to leave it for about 3 months. Strain and bottle.

Bottled in lots of great bottles I had hoarded for the occasion.

It is very yummy and I thankfully have some more blackcurrants in the freezer as I can see I'm going to have to make some more very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment